Pranayama is a healthy activity working towards conserving prana (breath). It removes physical and emotional impediments from the body. Hence, breath is free to flow within the body. It is that force that energizes the body and gives strength to it. The process of breathing is controlled by the automatic nervous system. The spontaneous supply of oxygen in our body is mandatory to lead a normal life. Pranayama involves various breathing exercises responsible to control the breath.
Types of Pranayama
· Kapal Bhati Pranayama – It is good for the reproductive system. The internal system of the body is cleansed and the toxins are removed from the body.
· Bhastrika Pranayama – It is helpful for curing allergies, tonsils, respiratory disease, asthma, etc. The fresh air can be inhaled that improves health. It is good for cold as well as calmness of the mind. People with the problem of low blood pressure can also do it on a regular basis.
· Bhramari Pranayama – It is a suited cure for depression, stress, and anxiety. It helps in keeping the memory sharp. Blocks from the heart are evacuated. Power of concentration increases with its daily practice.
· Nadi Shodhan Pranayama – The important benefit of this pranayama technique is that it helps to balance the hormones and supports the respiratory channels. It is also helpful for the nervous system.
How Pranayama Yoga increases the joy in life?
Breathing is the most important aspect of any pranayama exercise. The deep breathing leads to the stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system which in turn, shows stress the exit door. If you have already been a part of a health retreat in Nepal or any other place, you must be aware how pranayama helps us in many ways. Here are some of them:
·It gives a feeling of spirituality.
·It increases the proactive conduct towards an activity. Soon the consequences can be realized, quickly and timely actions can be taken.
·When we can feel energetic internally it makes us feel happy and it doubles the energy to undertake adventures in life thus, increasing the joy in life.
·Regular pranayama practice betters heart health and lowers blood pressure. Go for a healing retreat in Nepal to experience the same under the guidance of experienced yoga teachers.
Benefits of Pranayama
· Pranayama creates a conscious awareness of breath.
· Breath is precious for life. It ensures a proper supply of oxygen into every single cell in your body.
· It improves the quality of Prana.
· It makes possible for your body to exhale carbon dioxide. Our cells need a regular supply of oxygen.
· It calms the mind by releasing stress.
· Pranic energy is activated.
· “Breath” increases the possibilities of life and Pranayama encourages a healthy life which can be enjoyed over time.
While doing Pranayama, it is really essential to check the ambiance of the place where you choose to do Pranayama. Most of the places cannot guarantee fresh air with a dust-free atmosphere. Even the air purifiers can play their role to a certain extent.
Apart from that, inhalation should always be done through the nose.
While practicing, if you feel tired, take some rest and continue normal breathing. Also, while starting your practice, take it slow and easy.