How to Fix Google Chrome not Working Windows 10?: The easy-to-work and user-friendly interface of Google Chrome has allowed it to garner millions of users around the globe. Without a doubt, Chrome from Google is the most used web browser. All the characteristic features of this browser totally justify this. However, amidst all these praises, we must not forget that issues can still arise while using Google Chrome. Out of the different issues that may be encountered by the Chrome users, the Google Chrome not working on Windows 10 is the most common.
This article provides certain ways through which the users can Fix Google Chrome not Working Windows 10. Solutions have been provided in the easiest possible manner so that even the users with low technical expertise can follow them without any trouble and fix their issues.
Reasons behind Google Chrome not Working Windows 10
Some major reasons that do not allow Google Chrome to work properly are listed below. Knowing the actual reason behind the problems provides a better way to fix them by allowing the users to implement the correct troubleshooting measures.
• You are using an outdated version of Google Chrome.
• There is some virus infection in your system.
• Your system does not have the important updates installed in it.
• Large amount of cookies and caches has been built-up in your browser.
• Some antivirus or firewall program is creating disturbance with Chrome.
• The interference is due to some other third-party software.
• Your Google Chrome got corrupted due to any reason.
Solution for Google Chrome not Working Windows 10
The internet has no meaning without a web browser. So, it can be very frustrating when your Chrome browser starts having issues making you distant from internet. At such times what you need is the right steps that can resolve Google Chrome not working Windows 10 issue and that too as soon as possible. Few things that can help users fix this problem with great simplicity are discussed below.
Update Google Chrome
It is extremely easy to update Google Chrome to its latest version. Whenever a new update for Chrome is released you can see it when you open your browser. Steps for the same are given below:
• Open Google Chrome on your computer.
• You can see ‘More’ options on the top right corner of Chrome.
• If an update is available, this icon will be colored.
• Now, click on this icon and click on ‘Update Google Chrome’.
• Click on the ‘Relaunch’ button once the update is finished.
For your mobile device, you can download and install the latest Google Chrome update by visiting App store or Play store.
Clear cookies and caches from Google Chrome
When a hefty amount of cookies and caches are built up inside the Chrome browser, it may not allow it to work properly. To fix this, you need to clear cookies and caches and in worst case you may also require to clear the browsing history. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to clear cookies, caches and browsing history from Google Chrome.
• On your computer open Google Chrome.
• Click on the ‘more’ icon and then select ‘More tools’ > ‘Clear browsing data’.
• A ‘Clear browsing data’ tab will open on the screen.
• Now, check on the ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ boxes.
• Clear on the ‘Clear data’ button to erase the data from your browser.
• In case you need to delete the history as well, check on the ‘Browsing history’ box too and then select ‘Clear data’ button.
Reinstall Google Chrome
Sometimes, due to several reasons Google Chrome might get corrupt. To fix this you need to reinstall it in your device.
• Go to ‘Control Panel’ and from the list of programs select Google Chrome.
• Click on ‘Uninstall’ button and follow the on-screen instructions to remove Chrome from your system.
• Once removed completely, you can reinstall it from the official website of Google www.google.com/chrome/.
The above two ways are to fix the not working of Google Chrome when it is due to browser related issue. If the browser is fine and still you are having issues, check the following.
Temporarily disable third-party software
If there is any antivirus program or any other software running in the background of your system you need to temporarily disable it for the time you are using Google Chrome. The program can be resumed after your work on Google Chrome is over.
Scan your system for virus
Presence of virus can create conflicts with the working of Google Chrome. To fix this, scan your system using a good antivirus program and delete the threats found, if any.
Download system updates
Although updates in Windows 10 are installed automatically but there can be certain cases where this does not happen. To manually install the latest updates to your system, follow these steps.
• Open Start Menu and click on Settings.
• Go to Update & Security settings > Windows Update.
• Now, click on the Check for updates button.
• If any updates are available, you can see and download them.
Check your internet
Make sure that the actual problem is not with your internet rather than your browser or system.