“Yoga allows you to find a new kind of freedom that you may not have known even existed.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
Yoga helps free our minds from the shackles of our own misery. Traveling to a new place or country to attend a yoga retreat is a liberating experience. With its excellent and affordable yoga retreats Mexico is the hottest new destination on the radar for yoga lovers. Its perfect weather, amazing natural beauty, and warm culture makes it an amazing destination for a retreat vacation. If you are planning on attending a yoga retreat, give it your fullest and make the best out of your trip.
1. Do It For Yourself – The first thing about attending a yoga retreat is that you should do this for yourself and yourself only. There is absolutely no one or nothing you should feel accountable to. This is an excellent opportunity to reconnect with yourself, to understand, correct and improve your physical, mental and spiritual health. This is your journey. You should not do anything to compare or compete with anyone or for the wrong reason. Focus on self-growth and you shall do just fine!
2. Let Go of Your Inhibitions – An important part of attending a retreat is to learn the art of letting go. It is often said that letting go is the hardest asana. In Mexico yoga retreats there are a number of fun and exciting programs to help you connect with yourself, to embrace your flaws and everything, physically, mentally, emotionally and more. You need to let go of your inhibitions and mental blockages to experience and understand yourself better.
3. Push Your Boundaries – You are at a retreat to learn, to discover and grow. An important part of that whole experience is pushing your boundaries. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Just because you have never done a routine or learned an asana does not mean, you cannot do it now. If you do not like it, you can always look back at it as an experience, but before that, you need to at least give it a try.
4. Remember That It is a Learning Experience – A retreat is a learning experience. It can only guide you towards the path, show you the path, but this is a journey you have to take on your own. It is not a magic potion that can work wonders without full effort on your side. Do your best, but do not expect too much out of it. Often the results come in slow, but steady, sometimes they are invisible to you, but they are there. Enjoy the process instead of stressing over the result.
5. Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions – Asking questions is a part of learning and teachers at yoga retreats enjoy active participation from their students. Don’t shy away from asking a question if you need an explanation or want to know more about anything being discussed in the session. This will help you understand and learn better. With affordable yoga retreats Mexico has to offer, you can learn so much without worrying about expenses.
6. Sleep Well – Sleeping is essential for your physical and mental health. It improves your skin, hair, and digestion and reduces irritability and stress, etc. An adult human being needs about 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Retreats follow a healthy routine as dictated by the circadian rhythm of the body. Follow that routine religiously and catch up on some much-needed sleep. Waking up after a good sleep is absolute bliss.
7. Explore the area – In Mexico, yoga retreats are located in the most pristine and divine surroundings. From mesmerizing forests to soothing beaches to mighty mountains, there are amazing views that you can experience. Don’t be shy to explore the area, if your schedule permits. Mexico is blessed with the bounties of nature and you are likely to spot some of the most unique flora and fauna, especially if you choose a retreat housed in the serene forests. Take some time to enjoy solitary contemplating sessions in the tranquility of nature and let your stress melt away.
8. Mingle and Make Friends – If you are attending a group retreat, this will give you an amazing opportunity to share your beautiful journey with a group of like-minded people who share a similar passion and perspective. Feel free to mingle with others. A simple smile or a greeting goes a long way. Making friends will help you share your progress with others and to motivate one another. Who knows you might actually end up making a friend for life from your retreat vacation!
9. Enjoy the Culture – The culture of Mexico is full of life and zest. Their music, dance, art and every other form of life are so warm and vibrant that visitors keep coming back for more. Mingle with the locals and listen to their fascinating folklore, enjoy a traditional dance or mariachi performance and experience the beauty of this culture to its fullest. The people of Mexico are warm, love their tourists and treat them extremely well.
10. Taste Local Delicacy – Mexican food is to die for. If you like experimenting with your palate you will fall in love with the bursts of exotic and exciting flavors and spices they use. In Mexico yoga retreats usually, offer a variety of options of local as well as international food options. Make the best of your trip and enjoy the authentic and delectable Mexican food on offer. They are made from the freshest ingredients and thus, they are extremely healthy and delicious. There are a number of great options for vegetarian, vegan or those with restricted diets as well.
11. Don’t Forget What You Learned – Lastly, when it comes to a yoga retreat, whatever happened in Mexico should not stay in Mexico. When you return home enriched after your trip, make sure you apply what you have learned in your daily life. Practice the asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, and yoga philosophy back home. This is how you actually make the best of your retreat.
In a Nutshell…
Focus on the experience of your yoga retreat vacation. Live every moment and make the best out of it. They have some of the best teachers and yogis on board who impart precious knowledge. Make the best of your retreat by using it as a learning experience in life. With the amazing and affordable yoga retreats Mexico offers, you will definitely want to return for more.